Is therapy right for me?
If this is your first time reaching out for therapy and you are wondering how it can benefit you, I offer a free 20 minute phone consultation to hear your goals for therapy and assess whether or not we could be a good fit in getting you to where you want to be.
How long are sessions and what is the cost?
Individual sessions are 50 minutes long and my rate is $200 per session. I prefer to work with couples for 90 minutes for a fee of $350. I find more time to be more beneficial and effective for couples. If finances are a concern, hour long sessions can be provided at a rate of $250. No sliding scale spots are open at this time.
How long does therapy last?
Number of sessions depends on your individual situation and needs. In the first session, we will address your goals for therapy and continue checking on your progress throughout. Once goals have been met, we can discuss how you feel about moving forward in therapy. My hope is to help clients meet goals and get to a place in their lives and relationships where they no longer need to come in on a weekly basis.
Do you accept insurance?
I am not contracted with any insurance company and am considered an ‘out of network’ provider. However, if you have PPO insurance, I can provide you with a superbill that you can submit to your insurance for possible reimbursement.
If you are wanting to use out-of-network health benefits, please be aware that there can be downsides to billing your health insurance. Insurance companies require personal information regarding treatment which may include a diagnosis for billing purposes, as well as confidential information including session dates and notes. This information may impact current and future coverage and can become a part of your permanent medical history.
Questions to ask your insurance before starting therapy
- Do you have mental health benefits? If so, what are they?
- Is there a limit on number of sessions covered?
- Do you have to meet a deductible for coverage to start? If so, how much is my deductible?
- Can you see a therapist that is ‘out of network’ from your provider?
- If out of network coverage is provided, how much will the insurance cover per session? (If they cover care with a diagnosis- ask if ‘Z-Codes’ diagnoses are covered.)
- What will your insurance carrier need from your therapist in order to provide reimbursement?
- How long will it take to get reimbursed?